Sunday, November 1, 2009

It's November now....

...and camp has been GREAT! I really couldn't as for more from a full-time job. I've gotten to play in the trees for most of this month by running the high ropes course and giant swing. I've been trained to set up every adventure element that the camp has to offer (which to me is more challenging than the activities themselves!). I get to hang out with really cool people ALL THE TIME! I get to meet really cool people ALL THE TIME! I get to know and become better friends with cool people ALL THE TIME! And to top it all off they all have the same passions in life as I do: to love God with all our heart, mind, body and soul, to love people, to hang out with and disciple kids, to encourage one another and to do it all in a camp ministry setting. I really can't ask for much more than that!

In other news, I went to my first Chic-Fil-A opening this past Wednesday and for myself some coupons for free chicken! We all camped outside in the parking lot for 24 hours and played games and watched the Phils beat up on the Yanks. It was probably one of the best experiences of my life- watching a game 1 of the World Series with 50 other Phillies fans, hootin' and hollerin' at a 30 inch flatscreen while sitting in lawn chairs in the middle of a Chic-Fil-A opening. LOVED IT!

Halloween was yesterday. Sarah hand-crafted Taco and I's costumes. We were knights. The costumes were sick. It was fun. I hosted a retreat group all weekend so I didn't have much time to hang out with everybody until this afternoon, but Fournier (the semi-permanent retreat hoster) got the chance to go to the Ranch costume party at Barb and Kevin's (a married couple who work at the Ranch). We played signs (for those of you who went to college with me you know what you missed out on)!

I'm sure pictures will be up on Facebook within the next few days so check them out and GET UPDATED! Send me e-mails, call me, comment on here and keep me on the ball for updating ya'll =P. Oh, and cheer for the Phils, they're down 2-1 in the series, they're in need of the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment