Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Fading Lights of Dying Stars...

I must say that one of my new favorite pass-times is laying out under the stars. I mean, its no new thing for me, I used to do it all the time in college, but they were always with a significant other or a group of friends. I've never sat under the stars by myself. Maybe its because I'm afraid to be out there alone in the dark, or it migh tbe the fact that I enjoy the deep conversations that come about when laying under the "backlit canopy with holes punched in it." The desire to sit out at night has been tormenting my brain for the past week or so. There's good reason for it too. Back in Jersey, you can't see as many stars as you can here. It's beautiful. Lifepoint's church service two Sundays ago talked about God and the heavens. He created them. He knows every star by name. He deserves to be praised for His creativity, imagination. I mean, that's the basis for all of our creativity (not that I'm at all creative, but I am very imaginitive). But most of all He deserves to be praised for His majesty. He rules over it all. We can barely make it to the moon, and that's baby steps compared to the vastness of the universe. I mean, He's made stuff that we can't see, even with the hubble telescope. It crazy to think about.

So I think I am going to take advantage of every chance that I get to lay out under a clear sky while its still nice enough to enjoy. Take time at the end of my day and reflect on how God's moved in my life and others for the 12 or so hours I was awake, revel in His glory and sit in awe of the fact that the God who created the universe still desires to have a loving relationship with a measly human like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment